Friday, April 06, 2012

What is Up with me lately???

I think I am either suffering from ADD or ADHD..  Every time I am working on a project, my mind wonders off to something totally different.  I could be filling out paperwork  and my mind wanders off  to what i need to accomplish the next day..  It seems like it is a never ending cycle that will never end..

Like today, I was walking through "Wally World" , knowing what i needed to for dinner and get a few things to tie us over til i go to the commissary on Tuesday, but then my mind starting to wonder off to things coming up  this month, like chaperoning  Munchkin's 8th grade band class to ECSU  for a concert there and getting the boys in gear for their Bike-A-Thon for Boy Scouts by getting them out to get sponsors and checking to see what on their bikes need be worked on.  Stupid me, nearly runs over a little old with my shopping cart..

There are times i catch myself in the middle of cooking and an idea for my jewelry making pops in my head and i rush for a pen and paper to write down the materials i am going to need for it... When I am beading, i find myself thinking about a recipe i have and ways i can either change it up or even tweaking it so that tastes or has a different appearance the next time i make it... 

I need to get a grip of this issue before i end up in an "I Love Me" jacket, in a padded room, waiting for the nurse to bring me my daily meds through a small widow in the door........

Life has become more and more complicated since hubby retired and I have lost more of my responsibilities.  I was juggling all the balls of the house and the kids, but since he has been home more and he has taken some of my "juggling" balls, I feel more distracted than ever...  I feel like i have lost control of some things and it bothers me a bit...  My sense of security has dropped some and that what i felt like defined who i was..  Mom, who is always there when Dad can't be.  Mom, who is there to fix something that has broken when Dad isn't there to fix it.  Mom, who is  Problem solver and Better mood maker when Dad isn't there to do it....   I have been Mom and Dad for so long it is like second nature.  I feel like someone has amputated a vital limb and said " it's gone, so get use to it."  




I Hate That Feeling!!!!!! 

No comments: