There is a question to ponder. I often think about the what has gotten into some of these kids anymore. All they ever seem to do anymore is disrespect either their parents or other people around them. My husband and I have always taught my boys to respect each other and others around them. We have taught them to call an adult Mr. or Mrs. and the persons first name. We have always been commented by others about how polite they are. We have also taught them when we are out with any other adults that they are to speak only when spoken to. So, that they do not interrupt a conversation that the adults are having. They are to say "excuse me", when they have a bodily function, whether it is passing gas or belching. They are also to ask "May I be excused'' when leaving the table. Whether it is to go to the bathroom or when they are done. Please is required when asking for something and Thank You is required when receiving anything from anyone. When we got out to dinner, I notice some of the kids in the restaurant acting up, yelling, and whining when they don't get there way. I often think to myself " my father would have kicked my ass if I acted that way in public". Is it just me or has this world gone to pot?
Right now, I am facing a dilemma with Munchkin. Since his father has left for a couple of months, has been acting out in ways that he has never done before. Foul language, temper and anger issues, and disrespect to others. I think he is trying to adjust to the changes in and with his body. I also think he is acting out because my husband is not home. Either he thinks just because dad's not home he is going to try to get away with anything he can or he is missing him and doesn't want to talk to me about it. Who knows. All I know it that I am at the end of my rope and I hope things will resolve themselves when dad gets home.
No comments:
Post a Comment