My husband finally left for Iraq almost a week ago. Now all I can do is wait to hear from him. That is the most fustrating part right now. I check my e-mail three times a day, listen for the phone to ring in the middle of the night, and wait. I feel as I am a death row inmate waiting for the Governors last minute reprieve. I pace around the house while the boys are at school, so that they don't see how nervous I am. It is not the fact that he's gone, but where he went to. I would have been fine if he had gone to Spain or Germany, but to a place that has become Hell-on-Earth. That's what is worrying me the most. I fear that I will either get the knock on the door late one night telling me he has been killed or finding out he is in a hospital bed alone with me near him.
All I can do is wait......
1 comment:
I know it's rough, sweetie. Hopefully he'll call soon and put your mind at ease.
And just think, if the weather's good next Thursday I'll be dragging you out to the zoo with Bug and I. :) It'll hopefully help to get your mind off things.
Post a Comment