Thursday, November 07, 2013

A Year of Highs and Lows......


It has been a little over a year since i last posted.  Please bear in mind that memory is a bit on the rusty side....

     Well, I was going to the OB/GYN about female issues I was having.  I had told him everything going on with me and how miserable i was feeling.  After 2 ultrasounds and the doctor listened to the problems i was having and my fear of having a hysterectomy, he explained their was a new technique out that would make everything i was going through a whole lot better.  It is Called ThermaChoice and it is a Uterine Ablation.  A miracle!!!!  He explained how the procedure is done, the risks, and the recovery time.  Let's just say it was well worth it, compared to a hysterectomy.  Less recovery time and a lot less risks.  He started a battery of blood tests and got me scheduled in for my procedure. I did all the research i could on this procedure and saw a lot of positive feedback from other women who had it..  I had made the right choice.... 

        So, on August 26, hubby and I got to Albemarle Hospital around 7 a.m. for my procedure.  I was scared!  I hate being under anesthesia.  Plus, i was hungry and itching for the cup of coffee my husband was drinking in front of me.  I just wanted to smack it out of his hand and say "IF I CAN'T HAVE ANY, NEITHER CAN YOU.!!!!", but i didn't..   I was going to nice and suffer in silence.. LOL!!!!   After doing my paperwork and getting me into the outpatient area.   I felt even more uneasy.   I got into the wonderful hospital attire(open-back gown, socks, and scrub cap).   I was feeling real sexy.  NOT!  Then they started my I.V. and it hurt.  I guess years of being jabbed with a needle doesn't help at all.  Then, the waiting began.  A nurse came  20 minutes later and administered a pregnancy test and a drug test.  They both were negative. Well Duh!!!    I could have told her that.  Then waited some more..    As I was wheeled into the O.R., a shiver ran down my spine and all the "what ifs" started to go through my mind,but I pushed them aside as they were putting me underWhen I woke up in recovery, I was starving and in so much pain.  They gave me a soda to bring up my sugar levels up because I was feeling light-headed and  groggy.  About a half hour later, i was taken back in an outpatient room to get dressed and go home.   Before I was released to go home, they gave a Vicodin.  I took it, but i didn't like the way i felt afterwards.  The "groggy" feeling.  The upset stomach that came after the affects of the medicine wore off.  Well, apparently they gave my husband a prescription to get me more in case i was in any pain.  I only had one out of the bottle and flushed the rest down the toilet.  I never wanted one of those horrible things ever again.  It was Aleve after that one!!!!   Now a year later, I am having shorter and lighter days!!!  If I could, I'd recommend this procedure to anyone else with the same problem.!!!!

                So in October-November, Hubby waited for word from GD, about the job he applied and was hired for..  We had wait on the HR Department to get back to him about salary offer.  Luckily, during this time he was employed in the same building  with Q.E.D. while we waited.  Finally, he got it.  He started at a new company with great pay and some overtime.  Things were finally looking up and promising.  The only thing that hard was the stress that came with this new job.  The early days and the occasional half Saturday that he had to work.  Then, came the Government Sequestration.  Around February, the tension in the house was thick as fog.  Then in March, he came home with a letter informing the employees of possible layoffs starting in June-July time.  He started going through the jobs ads again.  We saved what we could.  Pinched pennies and cut corners as much as we could.  Then, two weeks later another letter went out saying to disregard the last letter that was sent out.  We dodged a bullet then... 

 At least that's what we thought....
 
       On May 24th (on my birthday), i got a phone call from the school to inform me that Munchkin had caught with an illegal substance.   I could not believe it.  I got in my JEEP and put the the peddle to the metal.  I was RED with anger and disappointment.  I have always taught my boys right from wrong, but I know there is temptation everywhere.  I called his father to let him know what was going on.  I could hear the disbelief in his voice.  When i got the school, i was determined to keep my wits about me, but then the memory of my brother's past came to mind.  I started to cry and as i was walking up the stairs with the Asst. Principle, I wondered, "where did i fail as a parent?"When we got to her office, there he was sitting in a chair directly in front of her desk crying.  He knew what did was wrong..  She explained everything in detail....   That he'd bought from one of the boys in his A.F.J.R.O.T.C  class and the Resource Officer caught wind of what went down..  Apparently, he was one of 5 students that had bought from the boy.  I finally looked him in eyes and asked,"WHY?"  He wanted to fit in.  I told him that is not how you fit in.  You be yourself and not as others want you to be.  He confessed that the boy had pressured him into buying and wouldn't leave him alone about it..  He took the money for it out of his bank in our room and bought.  I ask him, why he didn't tell someone he was trying to sell it to you.  He was afraid.  He did confess who sold to him and he didn't possess a lighter. so there was wasn't evidence he was going to use it.  He was suspended the last two weeks of school.  He was able to return to school  for his final exams.  When we got home, he gave me his Kindle, his handheld gaming console, and deleted his profile on the computer.  He sat in his room crying and reflecting on what he did.  After I calmed down, I went to him and held him.  I wept with him.  Eventually, hubby came home, went to the boys' room ,and talked to him about what happened.  He emerged an hour later and said, "there was no need to punish him any further because he was punishing himself over this."  We told him that we still loved him and hopefully he'll think about his actions next time.  So, after he finished is exams, we had a meeting at the School Board to find out whether he could return to school the following school year.  After we answered all the questions from the Head of the Board, his Asst Principle read a statement from herself and the Principle of the High School.  Stating "he did turn over the of the individual selling the pot and that he was forthcoming with any information pertaining to the situation" and she also read statements from his teachers, stating how well behaved he is in their classes and well mannered he is.  We waited to hear the decision.  It seemed like a month.  Finally, they came in a week later.  He was only suspended the first 8 days of school.  Next, was to hear from the Juvenile Court for what seemed like an eternity.  The court councilor recommeneded since he was a minor and no other infractions, he drew up angreement of sorts.  If he mantains a "B" in all his classes, doesn't possess and buy illegal substances, does not get any "ISS's" or ''OSS's", and attends Project Uplift til December, he will not be put on probation.   We do get a call from them once a month to see how he is doing.  I think he has learned a very hard lesson..!!!!!  

Hubby lost his position he has hired for because his boss felt he wasn't doing his job up to par. What a bunch of poo! It was just his boss wanted things done his way and bypass new protocols, procedures, and guidelines. There was a silverlining though, his was moved to the planning department with his pay not changing  any!  At least he still has his job.  

So, there it is. The roller coaster called "my life" this year!



 

 



 

 

                                                                       



No comments: